Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Announcement!

Alright, guys.

We must pause in the Disneyland Road Trip Saga, because I have an extremely important announcement to make.

I am becoming a housewife!

It's true! Okay, okay, I know. I'm not actually a wife. And I don't own a house....but come on! I'm wearing curlers in my hair for goodness sakes! That must count for something, right?

And as if my rediscovered obsession with grocery shopping isn't enough to prove it, I have photo documentation of my slow, but steady transformation into a real, genuine housewife.

I wake up at the crack of dawn and have my morning coffee.
(Ok, that's a total lie. Usually, Mindy wakes up at the crack of dawn, and I roll out of bed at about...mmm...9:15. And I hardly ever drink coffee.)

Anyways, while sipping on my coffee, I read the newspaper. Wait...

We don't get the newspaper. But we do have lots of other intellectual reading material to choose from.


By 7:36 AM, it's about time to whip up breakfast, so Mindy and I go hard to work in the kitchen making pancakes.

GIANT pancakes.

We really like pancakes.

And just breakfast food in general.

Mindy goes to work, and I find a little time to do my AM craft, while watching Regis and Kelly to catch up on current events.

And...that's enough break time! I go back to work slaving away in the kitchen like a good housewife should.

Every ultra-successful housewife faces moments of failure.

Like when dish-washing duties get out of control.
Oops.

But in the end,...

You get a quiche!

Or a batch of delectable cookie dough. See, it all pays off.

Finally, I am rejoined by my fellow housewife, Mindy, and you know what that means...

Happy hour!

And what can make happy hour better? Nothing, you say? Wrong. Oh no, there's one thing that can make improvements on happy hour, and that is...

...a cake!

Chocolate pudding cake, to be exact. The only problem is in order to have a cake, you've got wait for it to bake.

So, to pass the time, we neatly wash all the dishes,...

Make good use of our pots and pans,...

And become spokes-models for Nestle....

...And our various kitchen appliances.

And at long last, our cake is ready! Mindy does a dance of baking celebration.

And this concludes just another day in the lives of two accomplished housewives!

So, that's it, I guess. I just thought that I should make this housewife thing known, in case someone has a house we can borrow or is in need of a wife.

Wait. Scratch that last part. I'm not ready to be anyone's personal slave yet.

I mean, I don't even own a vacuum cleaner! Or a minivan. Plus, I've definitely got to perfect my gardening skills before I can share my housewife-ing talent with anyone else.

Yep, there's still work to be done.

6 comments:

  1. yay terry goodkind! also, when did you get bangs?? they're cute :)

    i'm going to need to see this place of yours next time i'm back in washington!! you should come visit down here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, your blog is hilarious! Love it. :-)

    And the bangs look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I think you definitely have a future on Magic Bullet commercials...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I just realized that people are actually reading these little notes I've been writing!

    Thanks guys! I feel very loved :)

    Lindsay: YES. I'm glad you see my future in Magic Bullet promotions too, because I've been thinking about adding that to my list of life goals.

    Stacy: Thanks! Reading yours is awesome too! Miss you over there in LA, but glad you guys are living it up! And thanks; you know, I just thought I'd try something new and go back to how I used to wear my hair back in grade school :)

    BET-TI-NA!: Hello! You read the Wizard books too? How did I not know this? Hmm...I got bangs like 3 weeks ago I think, and I'm finally just now getting used to them :) And yes, I think some visiting on both sides should definitely happen! When you coming down, wait, no, up to WA, girl?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops. Sorry guys, that was like a whole nother blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make a beautiful housewife, Krista. ;) I also love the bangs. When are we going to see pics of you and your new short hair look? You said that you chopped it off, right?

    ReplyDelete