Friday, September 24, 2010

Disneyland Road Trip DAY #2: California Here We Come!

Once upon a time, I thought that it was 50 miles to my Grandparents' house and 300,000 to Spokane. My Grandparents live a mere 7 miles away in Tukwila, and Spokane....well, let's just say it's not quite 300,000 miles to get there from Renton.

Geography has never been my strong suit.

With that said, driving to California was a good refresher course in geography for me. And for the record, California may not be 300,000 miles away either, but it sure can feel like it is when you're strapped into a moving vehicle for the 2nd day in a row.

After getting a good night's sleep at Redding's local Super 8,

We grabbed a bit of delicious continental breakfast...

And packed up the car to recommence our journey to Disneyland!


It wasn't long before we were hungry again, so we stopped at a Taco Bell in the desert. Darn those speedy metabolisms.


It must be a result of all the energy we use making these silly faces...


...and by silly, I mean really cool.

Nourished and full of chain-style Mexican food, back on the road we headed. We had to reach USC before nightfall, or else, we might get terribly lost trying to find Steven's storage locker!

Oh wait. We did. Get lost, I mean. But that's another story.

Anyways, back to the road.

Dad drove.


And Mom folded pieces of paper (don't ask me; she'll have to explain it to you).


And I listened to the never-ending collection of tales of bloodshed and destruction.


Lindsay slept.


And finally, 20 billion hours and 9 minutes later....


WE MADE IT!!!!!


Although Disneyland didn't seem so enticing at that point, as you can discern from the photograph pictured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment